Red wine Wastelands of Legaris 2014
Moors of Legaris reflects the extreme character of the Tempranillo in an extreme zone, the Ribera del Duero.
Limited edition of 12.000 bottles.
Fermentation temperatures range between 26 and 28 ºC. The devatting or drawing off is performed between 14-16 days from the vatting.
In order to respect the fruity character of our Wastelands of Legaris, parenting media in the barrel has been 9 months in bordeaux barrels, selected in a ratio of 2/3 French oak of fine grain and 1/3 american oak, in both cases, with a 30% of new barrels.
This wine has not been stabilized by cold, so that for their production of natural might present sediment. To fine-tune the wine was a soft clarification with egg white and bottled in September 2016.
We have selected 3 moors in different geographical areas:
● Pesquera de Duero, in the province of Valladolid, with altitudes understood between the 867 and the 894 meters. This plot was gathered the 27 September.
● Penafiel, in the province of Valladolid, with an altitude of 890 meters. This plot was gathered the 4 October.
● Moradillo de Roa, in the province of Burgos, with altitudes understood between the 958 and the 973 meters. This last wasteland is gathered the 18 October.
Tasting notes: LEGARIS – MOORS OF LEGARIS RED WINE 2014
- View: Cherry red Color of very high-intensity with violet tones.
- Nose: Presents intense aromas of red fruit, that predominate over nuances of toast of your stay in the barrel.
- Mouth: Fresh wine, tasty, with silky tannins and round.
At the end of 1998, the Codorníu Group materialized their presence in the D. O. Ribera del Duero with the purchase of 90 hectares of land in the municipalities of Curiel de Duero (Valladolid) and San Martín de Rubiales (Burgos).
Just a few months later, in the spring of 1999, they planted the first vineyards, and in April of 2000 he was beginning to establish itself as the future bodega Legaris. The first wines of the winery, from selected vineyards, are a Foster and a Book that went to market for the first time at the beginning of 2003.
The two vineyards of Legaris have been planted with Thin Ink, although it is expected that within a period of time a 20% of the lands are devoted to the cultivation of Cabernet Sauvignon. The vineyard is situated at a height of between 700 and 850 meters above sea level soil loose, abundant in limestone, poor in iron and low fertility.
The building that houses Legaris was designed and built by the architect Domingo Triay, architect, among other works, from the bodegas Raimat and Trough. Legaris has a structure essentially functional and its distribution responds to the rational flow of the process of elaboration of the wine. Located a few kilometres from the town of Peñafiel, the winery is distributed in the form of a cross, on two levels and has a structure markedly cubic.
|A rating of the vintage||
|Temperature of service|
|Per unit or Box 6|