Cava Codorníu – Codorníu Ecológica Zero
Codorníu Ecológica Zero it is a delicious sparkling wine without alcohol obtained by desalcoholización, elaborated with autochthonous varieties of natural crop, of the best organic vineyards in the Penedès.
Tasting notes: CODORNIU – CODORNÍU ECOLOGICAL ZERO
- View: Pale yellow with fine bubbles.
- Nose: fruity aromas (apple, tropical fruits…), with acidic notes and delicate white flowers.
- Mouth: Punchy, fresh and cheerful.
The group Codorníu Raventós it is the family business more ancient of Spain and the 17 the world. Over 460 years of history dedicated to the production of wines and cavas of great value have led us to erect 10 wineries in the best wine areas of the world.
The origin of cava is situated in 1872, when Josep Raventós develops, in the municipality of Sant Sadurní d'anoia, the first bottles of cava following the traditional method of second fermentation and aging in bottle. Currently we produce more than 240 millions of bottles a year of the D. Or. Cava and Sant Sadurní continues to be the town where is concentrated the greater part of the development but also allows his production in other areas of Spain.
The three traditional varieties grapes in the elaboration of cava, the Macabeu, Xarel·lo and Parellada, have special characteristics that complement each other. Codorníu pioneered the introduction of the Chardonnay and Pinot Noir, original Burgundy. Codorníu has the oldest wine of these varieties in Spain and is the hold that meets a greater experience in your wine making. Other varieties used in the production of rosé cavas are Trepat, Monastrell and Garnacha. The grape varieties of Codorníu define our style: tradition and innovation.
The secret of a good cava is elaborated with grapes of the highest quality, and this can only be achieved with a good selection and the meticulous care of the vineyard. The cava of Codorníu was born in the vineyards of the property. From many years ago, in Codorníu we apply them the techniques of viticulture sustainable, namely, we let nature take its course and only intervene when there are mismatches. Each grape variety is different and requires a climate and a soil special.
Codorníu is the only producer of champagne which uses grapes from vineyards of three climatic zones are very different within the D. O. Quarry. It is a trait of exceptional that allows us to plant each variety in the area where it is able to display all of its expressiveness and, at the same time, provides Codorníu as a potential unmatched to be able to create different styles and types of champagne.
These three climatic zones are:
• The Penedès, soil type clayey-calcareous and mediterranean climate, where the grapes of traditional varieties, Macabeu, Xarel·lo and Parellada expressing all of your unique and original.
• Conca de Barberà, a zone with moderate continental climate ideal for the cultivation of the Pinot Noir variety, from which we get grapes with a mineral touch thanks to the slate floors.
• Costers del Segre, the most continental of the Catalonia interior, where the great thermal amplitude between day and night produces grapes with a high aromatic concentration and flavors, and a vibrant freshness ideal for the varieties Chardonnay and Pinot Noir.
The development process is key for the elaboration of cava, called traditional method or champenoise. We characterized a unique style for our cavas by combining grapes from local and international cellars elegant, very expressive, fresh and aromatic, respecting the character of the grape variety and the terroir.
|Type of cava||
|Per unit or Box 6|